Thursday 24 November 2011

Co2 System: Now up and Running

So I finally completed my Co2 fertilization system last night. After drilling out and sealing the caps, drilling a hole in the cabinet and running the line, and finally mixing up the sugar water and yeast it is finished. True it is not a high powered system but I was smart enough to get a four way connector so in theory I could have four bottles running at once.

When I went to check it this morning when I opened the valve on the conector there was a sastifactory hiss. If you want to build one of these sytems remember to add one bottle a week when starting so as not to quickly alter the pH and shock the fish. Also in lightly planted tanks to much Co2 can lead to poisening over night if the plants have not produced enough oxygen during the day.


All in all this was a cheap project which I hope will have good results for the plants and fish in the tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment