Wednesday 8 February 2012

Reconsidering Lemon Tetras

On my trip to the local fish shop to pick up some plants I saw a tank of very bright looking lemon tetras. They will brilliant looking fish and have been bred to become accustomed to the hard water. I previously ruled these fish out because they do not like the hard water but now I am reconsidering them. There bright yellow colour and red eye ring would look very good in my mainly red tank. They are also not to large like the rummy nosed tetra and not too small that they might become prey eventually for my Platy's  like neon or blue neon tetras. These fish grow to about 4 to 4.5 cm, like slightly acidic water but will deal with up to 7.5 and other then that are not picky about conditions except that the tank should be partially planted.
A Lemon Tetra in Very Good condition showing slight blue colouring in fins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment