Wednesday 22 February 2012

Perfecting Co2


I have upgraded my Co2 system many times since first making it, resealing the joints several times removing the check valve and then going from a high pressure ceramic diffuser system to a low pressure ladder and now I have a new endeavour. I am going to try to find a mix in the brew that will give me the highest Average BPM (Bubbles per Minute) while lasting exactly two weeks so while using the least possible amount of sugar. Most recipes online suggest an eighth of a teaspoon of yeast and two cups of sugar but I am trying to get a high output mix that will last about to weeks to match up with my biweekly maintenance. Also I will be testing out the theory that by mixing in a small amount of fertilizer or certain nutrients you will get higher output. Because each of these mixture will last around two weeks this will probably take me at least a couple months until the results come out but once they do I'll look them over and put them out so that other people who use DIY co2 can use them our Modify them to suit themselves.

3 comments:

  1. I was unable to find a way to fix the line breaks in this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why weren't you
      BTW, you still ahve a great blog.

      Delete
    2. I don't know it seems to be a glitch I tried rewriting, changing spacing, moving pictures, and nothing seems to work. But in the end it does not effect it that much as it did not split up the words.

      Delete