Monday 5 December 2011

Leaky Co2 System


Over the last few days I have realized that somewhere in my Co2 system there was a flaw. I noticed that after several days the water would come part way up the tube. At first this seemed trivial because I would shake up the bottle, the yeast would be redestributed around the bottle and gas production would increase and the water would be pushed out the pipe. I thought at first that this was regular but as it happens every two days or so I started to get suspicious. Then I realized that there must be a leak because the gas would be pushed into the tank until the pressure on both sides of the diffuser was equal then it would stop. So there must be a leak in the system releasing pressure out causing a pressure difference causing water to come into the pipe.

1 comment: