Tuesday 6 November 2012

An update on the Co2 Experiment

Most of you will not remember the Co2 experiment, in fact it has been a long time since I have even worked on it, but I have not forgotten it. The Co2 experiment was created to try and find an ideal mixture of sugar water and yeast for producing Co2. I was also looking if adding fertilizer had any affect on Co2 production and start up time. This went well for a while and I managed to record results for one batch but then I took a trip out east for a week. That took out one week of results. Then it was another week before I was able to find the time to get things up and running again, but I took a trip out to the lake cabin that week and thus was not able to record the results from this. Then the technical difficulties began. I eventually discovered that a leak in the valve I was using was what was causing it too not produce any Co2. Now I removed the valve and resealed the caps and the system is back up and running. Assuming that no new problems come up I will continue the experiment

No comments:

Post a Comment